Men’s Premier League Roundup MD10

Share this article

In the Men’s Premier League Belfast Harlequins came from behind to beat league leaders Kilkeel 4-2 at Deramore.

Quins fell two goals behind through two Luke Russell strikes before Cameron Ruddle got them back on track.

With Michael Patterson drawing the sides level, Ruddle got his second of the game to give them the lead in the final quarter and Matthew Gray sealed the victory when he made it 4-2 late on.

The other massive game at the top saw Cookstown beat South Antrim 4-1, a result which sees them overtake the Lisburn side into second.

Ryan West gave South the lead after capitalising on a Dan Crooks mistake at the back in the first quarter.

Having held the lead until the third period, South Antrim conceded their first goal of the afternoon when Jack Haycock scored at the back post.

From there Cookstown took control of the fixture with Ryan Millar giving his side the lead for the first time just moments after the equaliser.

Having turned provider for Michael Kerr to score the third, Millar got his second and his sides fourth of the afternoon in the final quarter to seal a 4-1 win.

Champions Queen’s University continued their winning ways as they beat tenth place Raphoe 5-1.

Conor Irwin gave his side the lead with his sixth goal of the campaign before Philip Campbell, Stephen Hamill, Cody Large and Andrew Clarke added to the scoresheet.

The victory makes it back-to-back wins for the first time this season as the students climb two places into the sixth spot in the table.

Meanwhile, opponents Raphoe remain at the foot of the league with two points from their opening nine games.

Fifth place Portadown maintained pace with those above them as they beat North Down 4-2 on Saturday.

Portadown took a 2-0 lead in the first quarter with two goals from Ben Thompson and Theo Miligan before Scott Moore got a goal back for his side.

Mark Campbell restored the two-goal lead when he broke down the wing and reversed into the corner, making it 3-1 to the visitors.

Gareth McKeown got a second goal for the hosts to make it a nervy ending to the game however, Maty Winty sealed the victory for his side late on when he got a fourth for Portadown.

The final game of the day saw NICS seal their second win of the season as they beat Bangor 4-3.

Two goals from Matty McCrossan and strikes from Stephen Armstrong and Kent Irwin rounded off the victory which now sees them move five points clear of Raphoe.


Photo: Front Row Union

Supporters & Partners

Official Charity Partner

Recruitment Partner