The Ulster Umpires Association are keen to support and develop club umpires throughout the province and have put together a course to develop umpires who have passed the rules test.
The purpose of these courses is to offer support and guidance to all club umpires, no matter at what level, in order to assist develop their skills, improve confidence, and attain consistency in decision making and rules interpretation.
We will encourage club umpires to develop their individual skills and consider joining the senior panel where they will have the opportunity to gain their Grade C, Grade B and Grade A badges.
The format for each Development Course will be as follows:-
- Pre-match preparation and records to be kept.
- Areas of control & Positioning – Open play/Penalty Corners/Penalty Strokes.
- Communication and control – Cards, Signals, Verbal, where to send suspended players.
- Control measures – Players/Benches/Spectators.
- Identifying and explaining offences
- Areas of Difficulty – self pass, free hits, aerials, 5 metres, obstruction, etc
- New rules and applying them.
The cost of the course is £30.
Places are limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis and will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment
Registration link: http://register.ulsterhockey.com/practical_umpire_development_course_21052019