Ulster Hockey is one of four affiliated branches that together form Hockey Ireland. Ulster Hockey currently supports the efforts of 27 men’s and 50 women’s clubs and 12,000 members and players across the Province. Following a recent restructuring of a new Board and Committee structure and the development of a new five year strategy, the current Chair is stepping down. We now require a Chair to help lead the organisation and implement this strategy to ensure that it delivers on its ambitious growth targets in terms of participation, success, profile and financial sustainability.
- Providing strategic leadership.
- Working with the Chief Executive to plan the annual Board agenda and information.
- Ensuring the timely conduct of all Board business.
- Responsible for Board appointments and the performance of individual members.
- Taking the lead in building links, at Board level, with partner organisations and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring the Board carries out its essential functions efficiently and effectively.
- An awareness of the work of Ulster Hockey and an interest in the opportunities, challenges and issues faced by the game.
- Experience of operating at board level in a public, private, voluntary or community sector organisation.
- Experience of making an effective contribution to leading an organisation whilst providing clear effective support and constructive challenge as part of a senior management team.
- Ideally, you will also have a degree of influence to create opportunities for Ulster Hockey.
- Experience of delivering a strategic plan and holding others to account to achieve aims and objectives.
For further details, including a full information pack and copy of our strategic plan, please contact Marc Scott, Chief Executive on 07889 363477 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed expression of interest forms must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 7th January.