Ulster Hockey Youth Sports Committee
Ulster Hockey are searching for six enthusiastic hockey representatives to join the UHU youth hockey forum.
This is a great opportunity for a young leader, young hockey coach or umpire or a young volunteer to help shape the future of youth hockey in Ulster.
As part of the forum, you will be in a collective group consisting of young people from a range of hockey clubs and schools and be aged between 16-24. You’ll help to influence the future direction and policy of youth hockey in Ulster and Ireland.
Below is all the information you need, including what the role would involve, what you will gain from it and the skills and qualities needed to help support the role.
What you will gain from this opportunity
By becoming a representative on the Youth Hockey forum, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have an opportunity to access a unique personal development opportunity whilst establishing a professional network to support you in the future
- Represent the voice of young people from within your organisation
- Influence the future direction and policy of youth hockey in Ulster
- Opportunity to represent their sport/organisation at a national level
- Perfect for UCAS and Curriculum Vitae
- Tie in with the Hockey Ireland Youth Panel to look at a national view on youth hockey
We are looking for passionate young leaders who have executed their role within their organisation to an exceptional standard and who are able to meet the following criteria:
- Is passionate about the future direction of youth hockey
- Has knowledge of the inner workings of youth hockey (i.e. structures)
- Has the confidence to contribute during youth hockey committee sessions
- Is able to challenge thinking in a respectful and professional manner
- Can think creatively and generate new ideas
- Can represent the views of young people within your organisation and will be dedicated to ensuring channels are in place for which to gather those views
- Has a positive approach to developing their own skill set to aid contribution to the committee
Youth Sport forum members will be required to:
- Attend 4 youth hockey committee meetings per year (via zoom)
- Engage in at least one working group which will require a minimum of 3 additional connect points across the year (virtually)
- Ensure collaboration and proactive engagement across the sector and government
- Provide recommendations to improve the quality of the youth hockey season
- Be willing to represent your organisation at a national level
- Empower young people in wider networks and local communities
Two members from this forum will also be included in the newly formed UHU Youth Committee.
Applications are now open! To request an application form or if you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 31st of December 2020